As part of the ongoing efforts by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to improve security and transparency, importers and carriers bringing cargo into the U.S. on maritime vessels will now have to provide additional data to CBP.
Called ISF, this rule requires carriers to provide two additional data sets and importers to file ten additional data sets. The new importer transmission, called the Importer Security Filing (ISF), is separate from the carrier’s manifest and the broker’s entry.
The importer is now responsible to contact CBP 24 hours prior to the vessel being loaded with the required ISF data elements before the vessel is loaded at port of origin.
SmartBorder is ready for the future, are you?
SmartBorder’s ISF web based application is the ideal solution for any organization required to file additional data elements under the new CBP rules . Self-filing importers, their service center or an authorize party can input ISF data through SmartBorder’s on-line web portal, while customs brokers and freight forwarders can use our ISF service center module and its established links to our flagship ABI application.
Intuitive cataloging for vendors and parts with customizable EDI messages both in and out of our system make SmartBorder ISF one of the most flexible software options out there.
SmartBorder ISF software features:
- Stand-alone module available for importers or brokers
- Integration with profiles (profiles, transaction parties, product lists)
- Integration with the entry – will drop fields into the entry from ISF
- Manufacturer (or supplier) name and address
- Importer of record number / FTZ (Free Trade Zone) applicant identification number
- Consignee number(s)
- Country of origin
- Commodity HTSUS number (up to the 6 digit level required, 10 is accepted)
- Portal customization allows for streamlined procedures for each SmartBorder account
- User/entity permissions allow for the creation of client user accounts
o Client users can enter data and process ISFs maintaining security over your data
- Data validations – prevent rejects and transmission errors
Talk to us today. We’ll work with you to understand where you are, where you want to be and how SmartBorder can help you get there. Call 1-800-572-2734 or e-mail us.